● West Virginia mining disaster: 47 percentUndoubtedly, the prez would prefer that his fellow countrymen were more attentive to Alito’s Senate contretemps than to the Iraq war, which 52 percent of Americans (according to a new CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll) now say was not worth starting in the first place.
● Situation in Iraq: 40 percent
● Bush authorizing wiretaps: 32 percent
● Floods in California: 20 percent
● Jack Abramoff bribes: 18 percent
● Samuel Alito’s congressional hearings: 14 percent
READ MORE: “The Ground Continues to Shift Toward Democrats,” by Jonathan Singer (MyDD).