Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Ex-McCain Supporter Turns on Him



I came across this video in John Aravosis’ AMERICAblog and wanted to share it further. It’s apparently the work of Don Ringe, a former Republican media consultant who formerly admired John “100 Years War” McCain, but realizes now that a vote for him in 2008 would simply mean a third term for George W. Bush. As Ringe explains in a note in The Huffington Post:
For nearly 40 years I have been a campaign media consultant working exclusively for Republicans. My first spot was created for Governor Ronald Reagan in 1970 when I founded Spencer-Roberts Advertising for Reagan’s two top political gurus, Stu Spencer and Bill Roberts. I was 23 at the time and went on to documentary filmmaking, television news, and ultimately, back to politics, working for “moderate” Republicans for the U.S. Senate, House, governors, mayors, and on one of the several Dole for President campaigns.

I have always taken a low, or no, profile in campaigns, as I learned long ago not to become an issue myself. But as I approach 62, the impact of another Republican in the White House on my 9-year old daughter, my 39-year old son, and 1-year old grandson, drives me ever deeper to the radical center.

I admired and supported the John McCain of 2000, less so the John McCain of 2004. And, now I barely know the man, who he is or what he really stands for, and against.
Hoping to lend his energies to McCain’s defeat in the 2008 presidential race, Ringe has put together not only the video inserted above, which makes clear McCain’s flip-flopping stances on a variety of issues, but he’s also created a Web site, NoJohn.com, that tracks McSame’s ... er, McCain’s many failures, fibs, and fumbles.

No comments: