Sunday, June 21, 2009

Coming Soon to a Screen Near Me

I’m looking forward to seeing the film Whiteout, which debuts in September and stars the ever-lovely Kate Beckinsale as a deputy U.S. marshal investigating murder in Antarctica. My interest has been piqued further by the recently released trailer for that movie, which has been adapted from Greg Rucka’s 1998 comic-book series.

Speaking of films, I am definitely adding this forgotten gem to my Netflix list: Hickey & Boggs (1972), which reunited I Spy stars Bill Cosby and Robert Culp in a plot about ill-fortuned gumshoes on the hunt for a missing girl. As author Duane Swierczynski remarks, “if you love your private eyes pushed to the point of oblivion, if you think the best crime films were made in the 1970s, and love a good neo-noir that plays out in broad daylight, I very much recommend tracking down Hickey & Boggs.”

No comments: