Thursday, November 09, 2006

The Perks of Power

From Taegan Goddard’s Political Wire:
Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY), “the incoming chairman of the Ways and Means Committee, told the New York Post that he’s got his eye on Capitol Hill office space now held by the man he recently called a ‘son of a bitch’”--Vice President Dick Cheney.

Said Rangel: “Mr. Cheney enjoys an office on the second floor of the House of Representatives that historically has been designated for the Ways and Means Committee chairman ... I talked to Nancy Pelosi about it this morning ... I’m trying to find some way to be gentle as I restore the dignity of that office.”

As for his earlier comment to the vice president, the
New York Daily News notes Rangel said, “I take back saying that publicly. I should have reserved that for him when we were together privately. Believe me, he would have understood.”
Good for Charlie. He’s the same guy who said he’d quit Congress if Democrats didn’t take back the House this month. I’d rather have him in Cheney’s digs.

No comments: